1 February 2015
- New Statement by Prime Minister of Japan regarding the hostage incident of Japanese nationals in Syria
25 January 2015
- Statement by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe regarding the hostage incident of Japanese nationals in Syria
20 January 2015
- The Embassy held a National Day Reception in the Reykjavic City Hall on 4th of December. The reception was successful with about 150 invited guests including the former President Madam Vigdís Finnbogadóttir and Minister of Fisheries and Agriculture and for the Environment and Natural Resources, Mr. Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson.
- Between 4th and 6th October, Japanese singer and songwriter, Mr. Ryoichi Higuchi made three concerts under the name of "Postman Live" at Grensáskirkja and Verzlunarskóli Íslands in Reykjavik and Sólheimar, all of which were highly appreciated by the audience.
- ・Video: Pursuing a Forward-Looking Relationship between Japan and the Republic of Korea
- ・Video: China's Maritime Activities in Asia-Pacific Region and Japan's Reaction
- ・Video: Japan-China Relations - Towards a Mutually Beneficial Relationship based on Common Strategic Interests (8 Apr)
- ・Comparison of the air dose rate data between cities in Japan and the world's major cities
- ・Information on the Final Report on the IAEA Review Mission on Mid-and-Long-Term Roadmap towards the Decommissioning of TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Units 1-4 (issued on Feb 13, 2014) (1 Apr)
- Prime Minister and the Cabinet Office of Japan's Website
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan's Website
- ・MEXT SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2015（JAPANESE STUDIES STUDENTS）
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology （MEXT） offers scholarships to foreign students to study at Japanese universities in order to deepen their understanding of the Japanese language, Japanese affairs and Japanese culture.
The deadline for the application documents is 6th of March 2015.
- ・Scandinavia-Japan Sasakawa Foundation
The Scandinavia-Japan Sasakawa Foundation provides grants and scholarships for the exchange between Japan and the Nordic countries.
Applications should be submitted to the local office in country where the applicant has his/her permanent residence. For details, applicants should inquire directly to the local office in their respective country.
- ・The Watanabe Trust Fund
Please visit the website for details(The application deadline is 15 January 2015).