- The Embassy held a National Day Reception in the Reykjavic City Hall on 4th of December. The reception was successful with about 150 invited guests including the former President Madam Vigdís Finnbogadóttir and Minister of Fisheries and Agriculture and for the Environment and Natural Resources, Mr. Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson.
- Between 4th and 6th October, Japanese singer and songwriter, Mr. Ryoichi Higuchi made three concerts under the name of "Postman Live" at Grensáskirkja and Verzlunarskóli Íslands in Reykjavik and Sólheimar, all of which were highly appreciated by the audience.
- ・Video: Pursuing a Forward-Looking Relationship between Japan and the Republic of Korea
- ・Video: China's Maritime Activities in Asia-Pacific Region and Japan's Reaction
- ・Video: Japan-China Relations - Towards a Mutually Beneficial Relationship based on Common Strategic Interests (8 Apr)
- ・Comparison of the air dose rate data between cities in Japan and the world's major cities
- ・Information on the Final Report on the IAEA Review Mission on Mid-and-Long-Term Roadmap towards the Decommissioning of TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Units 1-4 (issued on Feb 13, 2014) (1 Apr)
- Prime Minister and the Cabinet Office of Japan's Website
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan's Website
- ・Scandinavia-Japan Sasakawa Foundation
The Scandinavia-Japan Sasakawa Foundation provides grants and scholarships for the exchange between Japan and the Nordic countries.
Applications should be submitted to the local office in country where the applicant has his/her permanent residence. For details, applicants should inquire directly to the local office in their respective country.
- ・The Japan Foundation Program Guidelines for Fiscal 2015-2016
(Application deadline to Embassy: December 1, except for Support Program for Translation and Publication: November 19)
・Japanese Government Scholarship
All application procedures for Monbukagakusho(MEXT) Scholarships are conducted through Japanese embassy in your country, or institutions of higher education in Japan.
If you require any further information regarding MEXT Scholarships, contact our embassy, or institutions of higher education which you wish to enroll.
Application fee is not charged. So please be aware that organizations or individuals who charge application fee or deposits have no relation with the Japanese Government.
- ・The Watanabe Trust Fund
Please visit the website for details(The application deadline is 15 January 2015).